13.4.08

Le Dolce Vita Gala - SF

So it was a great night out in SF..this Black Tie event featured a ‘Mercato Italiano’ where we enjoyed the flavors of Italy by meandering from antipasti to wine tastings during the Silent Auction. The banchetti in the Mercato featured the best in Italian food and wine from purveyors in the Bay Area. The Mercato was followed by a sit-down dinner in Bimbo’s renowned main ballroom which featured the food and wine that has made Italy famous. We had extraordinary lots arranged for the live auction hosted by Buckley and Reynolds, arguably the best auctioneers in the country. A world class soprano sang Arias from Italian Opera, and the evening concluded with dancing.
It was very Italian in that "the beautiful people" were real. I asked my Italian friend GianCarlo to take me to th event. It was also a fund raising for Italian Kindergarden school. A very elegant and well organized event. The Pseto I had form Farina cucina was nothing like I had in my taste buds and comes from Genoa, as are the partners in the Restaurant.

Above right with Monica Viarengo, also a partner and an Arcitetto poesaggista.